Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Java Style

My wife suggested I make some coffee cups for the studio using an idea she had seen on Pinterest. 

So I did. 

Basically you take a plain white coffee mug and draw a design using on the cup using a sharpie marker, then bake the cup in an oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool. 

Google the technique to get more detailed instructions.

 I have used the cups for over a month and they are holding up quite well although some of the black has rubbed off the cup I use almost everyday. 

Still a cheap and fun way to make some original mugs for yourself or a friend.





1 comment:

Countess VonRauber (Heidi) said...

Those are AWESOME! And, I would totally buy them if you sold them :)
There's nothing better than a Halloween/coffee combination ;)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin