Thursday, May 26, 2011

Living Retro

Now that the troll project is done I have moved on to a darker place, possibly my darkest subject matter to date.

My current project is a combination of things; my love of non-CGI special effects, film and of course papier mache.

My current project is also something I’ve had in the back of my mind for years, sort of a culmination of all the things I love rolled up into one.

(I hinted at this a while back in my post regarding "Cinemagic" magazine)

The “old school” nature of the work has moved me to dig out the turntable and listen to some vinyl while working on this project….Alan Parson’s Project is my current preference.





Hell, the retro thing has even moved me to ditch my shaving gel and start using shaving soap and brush, … sometimes newer isn’t better.

Looking forward to sharing my current works in the coming weeks…it’s dark, it’s comfortable and best of all it’s undiluted horror.

1 comment:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

As always looking forward to what you have in the works!

...and I think I need to get a turn table!!

Cheers!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin