Friday, February 25, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Work continues on all the individual elements for the Boris Troll project.

After an initial layer of papier mache was applied to the ears small strips of cardboard were added around the perimeter to add dimension, essentially the lobes.


The wrench and bolts were pretty much straight forward, using the 1/6 clay sculpt as reference the proper size and shapes were created with recycled cardboard and newspaper.








Work as begun on the hands, each individual finger is being created first, formed into the proper shape, papier mached then finally assembled into each hand.

Finger nails will be applied in the future once the hands are fully assembled.




Here is a time lapse video showing the construction of the wrench and bolt armatures.


1 comment:

Countess VonRauber (Heidi) said...

WOW, I loved getting to see your techniques. I feel like I got to peek behind the curtain and see how the magic is made! =) Gave me a few new ideas on how to imporve on my techniques. I also loved the cat walking through the middle of it all. My two do the SAME thing =) Thank you so much for sharing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin