Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cyclops Revisited


The Cyclops Skulls created in 2007 sort of got the “short end of the stick” when it comes to making public appearances. They were only displayed for a couple of days in 2007 then packed away never to be seen again.

When I teach workshops or give talks on papier mache I always show an assortment of different pieces but always fail to include the Cyclops. I like the Cyclops, I think they are different and original but for some reason they get neglected sitting all alone on a shelf in our garage.

Several folks have requested more information on the templates used to create these guys, so here are a few construction photos showing the simple cardboard shape that served as the guide for the final form. The Cyclops were created “on the fly” without a definite vision, sort of tribute to doing whatever feels right at the time.

Anyway, here's a little more face time for the Cyclops:
















1 comment:

Coach Z said...

Absolutely Fabulous...I loved the photos and a I really like this guy.... he is very special!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin