Thursday, August 7, 2008

Medieval Times

Back in 2004 I had what can be described only as the stupidest idea ever for my son’s birthday party. My oldest son wanted a medieval themed party due to the fact that we had just gone to our local Renaissance Festival.

A “sane” person would have gone to the dollar store and purchased 12 sets of shields and swords so the little ones could do battle unto one another. But not the case, I came up with the bright idea of making each of the kids their own set of papier mache shields and swords.

Oh what a crafty Dad I was!

You all know what happened. After about ten minutes of sword play the armor tore itself to shreds. Imagine twelve kids crying about their broken swords and shields.


Two weeks of work in the trash.

Good intentions do indeed end up in the dumpster.

Photobucket
Photobucket


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin